Café Church is suspended during the coronavirus outbreak.
Café Church is a new type of service being offered in Little Gaddesden on the second Sunday of most months of the year, unless there is a clash which makes it impractical. The format will be entirely different from our other services, including the Family Service that used to occupy the ‘second Sunday’ slot:
- Wonderful fresh coffee and pastries upon arrival.
- Informal seating at tables.
- Accessible worship on screen.
- Lively music.
- Time to think.
- Time to pray.
- No formality.
- Time to discuss (no boring sermon!), just an opportunity to ask questions and share, if you wish, in a non-threatening environment.
- There will be a separate teaching activity for younger children during part of the service.
- Service should last no more than 40 minutes.
- Stay after and finish the pastries!
Café Church is inspired by ‘Reaching New People’ (RNP), one of St Albans’ Diocese’s key initiatives. In 2020 we are going to explore new ways of reaching people who aren’t currently engaged with the Church, whilst at the same time inspiring, refreshing and enriching all those who are already part of the congregation. We also want to encourage those who used to come to church on a Sunday, but for whatever reason have let churchgoing become less of a priority in their lives, to return.