Worship in our Churches
- On Sunday 12 July, the first service to which a congregation may come since the Lockdown began will be held at 9.30am in Little Gaddesden. Some services will be held in Great Gaddesden.
- It will be a service of Holy Communion, but for the time being, only the priest may receive the sacrament. Spaces will be limited, to approximately 35, due to the need to maintain social distancing.
- Please understand, that once the designated number of places are filled, we won’t be able to allow any more people to enter the church.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes beforehand and be aware that there will a ‘one way’ system in operation. The wearing of a face mask is optional, but once seated we ask you to remain in your seat for the duration of the service. Recorded hymns will be played, but you are asked not to join in.
- We will continue to monitor the situation over the coming weeks and will change arrangements as necessary, but the aim is to enable you to worship and keep you as safe as possible.
- Sunday services will be Joint Services for all three churches for the time being and will continue to be at 9.30am irrespective of the church used.
- Nettleden Church will be open for private prayer from 9-10.am on Sundays when there is no service there.
- If you are shielding you will need to consider very carefully whether you should attend, but be assured, we shall continue to record the services which we will try to make available on the websites by 12 noon on the given day, to ensure that participation on some level will be possible.
- We may take a register of those attending worship.
- There will be no toilet facilities at any of the churches.
- To avoid contamination and a lot of cleaning of the church used on a given Sunday it will have to be closed for 72 hours, for everyone’s protection.
- These measures will remain under constant review
John Russell 05.07.2020