It is said that maintaining your physical balance at any stage in life is important, as it is in maintaining a balance in your relationship with God and with others.
Have you got good balance? How often do you stand on one leg without holding onto anything? Can you do it for 20 seconds or more? Without shoes or slippers? It builds up muscles, including your core muscles. Try it every day, make it a habit.
Jesus had huge demands on his time and his presence. Everyone wanted his attention and he wanted to give it. So when he disappeared it was understandable that people came looking for him. But Jesus knew that he had to maintain a balance between his relationship with God and with people.
1. Read Mark chapter 1 v 35 – 39 ‘…Jesus went out to a deserted place and there he prayed… When Jesus had important decisions to make about what to say or what to do, in fact before he did anything, he prayed to God.
2. When there are uncertain and challenging times there is so much to question and to balance in life, and in relationships. Have you decisions to make? About what to say? About what to do?
3. You may have identified a ‘go to’ place where you feel close to God, go now or as soon as you can.
4. Pray to God about all that is on your mind. Then listen. Let God restore your balance. Let Him be your core.Then act upon it.
5. Work to maintain your balance this week!
…but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake;and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a sound of sheer silence.(1 Kings chapter 19 verses 11- 13)