Followers of Christ may feel inadequate at times in holding up to the task of making new disciples. Like a piece of paper asked to hold up the Bible, the Word of God.
Christ gives His followers a great commission – ‘ go therefore and make disciples of all nations…..’ (Matthew chapter 28 verses 19- 20)
1. Find yourself a quiet place
2. Imagine how the disciples first felt when Jesus left them
3. Remind yourself that with the promised Holy Spirit within them and working with them, they began to speak about Jesus and of God’s love in a way that everyone could understand this good news. The Holy Spirit translated for them. The Holy Spirit is for all.
4. Take a piece of paper (21cm x 15cm) and if you wish write a few encouraging bible verses on it (e.g. 2 Timothy chapter 1 verse 7, Deuteronomy Chapter 31 verse 8)
5. Then fold and fold and fold the paper and know that God will fold and fold and fold His Spirit into you, when you ask.
6. Then ‘concertina’ the paper upright on a flat surface and place a book on it (or start with something less heavy and work your way up!)
7. This week try to speak to your neighbours and friends about your faith, your church, live streamed services, prayer booklets, children’s bible activities etc,
8. Like the worked and stronger piece of paper, hold up God’s Word to those you speak to. Be prepared to let the Holy Spirit enfolded within you, translate for them into their own lives, and give thanks to God.
‘And they went out and proclaimed the good news everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by signs that accompanied it’.(Mark 16 verse 20a)
‘For God did not give us a Spirit of timidity, but rather a Spirit of power and of love and of self-discipline’(2 Timothy chapter 1 verse 7)