Ascension Day reminds us of when Jesus returned to God the Father in heaven. Before he left the earth, Jesus said that God promised to send his Holy Spirit. Luke chapter 24 verse 49. Here’s how to make a promise knot in plaited string to remind you of God’s promise to send you his Holy Spirit.
1. Cut three lengths of string. Use long lengths if you want to make a wrist band.
2. Tie the string lengths together in a knot at one end
3. Plait the strings together, crossing the outside lengths over the middle string in turn
4. Leave enough of the strings to tie a knot when finished
5. Tie a ‘promise knot’ in the middle of your plaited string to remind you of God’s promise to send you his Holy Spirit
6. Make the longer length into a wrist band or hang the shorter length on a hook or pop it into your pocket
7. Reflect on the difference it makes in your life knowing that God keeps his promises
Jesus said: ‘And remember, I am with you always, even to the end of the age’. Matthew chapter 28 verse 20b