In this Christian Aid Week (May 10th -17th) it is good to pray for people of all nations across the globe for healing and hope.
‘Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life…… on either side of the river is the tree of life……. and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations’.Revelation chapter 22 verses 1-2
1. Place a globe map or atlas in a prominent position in your home.
2. Take time out this week and locate a country that is perhaps special to you or one highlighted recently in the news.
3. What are the challenges faced by the people living in this country? Is there conflict, oppression, persecution for their faith, drought, famine, poverty, reduced health resilience? etc. Are there refugee camps? What is the situation regarding Covid-19? Do they have running water, an healthcare infrastructure able to cope? (If you wish, carry out some research on this country).
4. Pray for hope, health and healing for the people in this country. For Church leaders and congregations, Government leaders and people in authority. For Aid workers and Health Teams, for those making masks and soap, for those reporting on and sharing vital, correct information. For the work of charities, including Christian Aid, who raise awareness and much needed funds, to help in the restoration of the most deprived countries.
5. When you are ready, leave this country in God’s loving hands and move on to the next. Aim to revisit your map throughout the week.
For I will restore health to you and your wounds I will heal, says the Lord.Jeremiah chapter 30 verse 17